Augmented Reality is a very useful tool in several areas. Applied to Education, AR allows a better understanding of the curricular contents, both in the classroom and at home. This is possible through resources like animations, videos, audio recordings, etc. These are added to materials such as school books, thus increasing motivation and learning skills.
The main AR advantages in Education are:
- Enrich school contents – it adds attractive information in real-time;
- Active experience – students may interact with the information;
- Students’ interaction – it improves school performance;
- Improvement of learning skills – AR helps enhancing the classroom learning experience;
- Immersive experience – students immerse themselves in the learning contents;
- Minimizes distraction – students are motivated and learn more easily;
- Technology – it brings school and students’ reality together.